Introduction to my CDM world!

 Hello and welcome back to my blog. In this post I'll be telling you a little bit about me.

I'm 25 years young and I can't wait to get started with college life this semester. Lockdowns were tough on us all last year but now that things are slowly returning to normal I have high hopes that I'll be able to achieve what I want from college and have fun doing it too.

My biggest accomplishments last semester included making 2 websites. One was about the film director Ridley Scott and the other was an ePortfolio site that you can check out here.

I was also quite proud of my short film titled The Date. It was quite the challenge to edit but I'm happy with the end result. I really liked the picture I made with Photoshop for my photo manipulation assignment. I chose the theme of religious apocalypse and developed the idea from there. You can check it out below and maybe leave me a comment on what you think of it!


The summer break from college was really needed and I made sure to make the most of my time by relaxing, having fun and even travelling. My sister lives over in London and I have some friends over there too so we all met up in August and once again in September. Both holidays were fantastic even though they were only a few days long each and it was great to see everyone again after so long. I also went to Kilkenny with my girlfriend and some of her friends for a few nights and we all had a really enjoyable time together.


Some quick facts about me!

  • I live in Dunboyne, Co. Meath.
  • Jessie is the name of my dog, she's a terrier cross breed and is 9 years old now.
  • My favourite game at the moment is Overwatch and you can check out my blog post about it here!
  • I really like running, going to music gigs and travelling.

Image Sources
  1.  My photoshop assignment "Apocalypse".
  2.  My dog Jessie.




 

Comments

  1. Aloha Michael!! Online college was noice but seeing everyone in person though >>> HOLY MOLY the photo you did for the assignment is so cool!!! It's giving psychedelic vibes. Every minute counts during every holiday in between college I SWEAR 😭 When we're in college we break our backs to get all this work done. 💀JESSIE IS MY FAVOURITE PART OF THIS INTRODUCTION!! 😤✋🏼

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michael,

    It's good that you made the most of the long summer break we had, going to London to see your sister is awesome, London is an amazing place! I always had a negative mindset about London until I went there a few years ago and had my opinion completely changed! Jessie is a cutie! I had a Jack Russell named Sasha and Chocolate Labrador named Bruno, they were my best buds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michael,
    Really like the work you done last year, the photoshop assignment is deadly looks like an acid trip must've been a lot of work. The summer break was really nice just a shame we didnt get much freedom over here but I reckon London was a good buzz, I'd like to go some day. I also went Kilkenny for a couple of nights its a lovely town!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Michael, Great reading your blog. The image you made in photoshop was terrific. The idea of a religious apocalypse is quite a horrifying concept. The purple and pink background with the fire is well done, it would take me months to achieve something like that in photoshop 😓. Lockdowns were very tough on all of us last year. I firmly believe many of us would have fared better if we were on campus. I wish you the best of luck this year and hope you achieve good grades and have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Michael , great blog so far , i finally watched your short film there since you linked it , looking forward to seeing what film you produce this year , especially for our group project. Its cool your sister lives in London , means u have a reason to go visit a cool place whenever u want. Looking forward to seeing what you create this year in all the modules

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Michael,

    I haven't had a chance to read through your introduction to CDM and as I am reading it right now I can see that you are very glad to join the college life specially during the lockdown and it has been a difficult year since the happened I'm reading to your biggest accomplishments last semester you want making websites and honestly I have also done that I was quite struggling with it because for me coding isn't my favourite thing to do I would rather do visual stuff like filled me drawing sketching anything nothing to do with writing or just sitting there for hours reading watching videos I'm really happy with what I saw of your photography scale at photo shopping skills that look very cruel and I'm still trying to learn how to use Photoshop I like the fire that you added in top of the house and it has a really great resemblance and very good contrast of colour very nice image yeah and it goes kind of describe the theme apocalypse

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment