Unity Tutorial 03

 I really enjoyed this weeks Unity tutorial because the project Im working on is finally starting to feel like a game now that there are collectibles, enemies and even damaging objects! I noticed the tutorial crammed in a lot of information in one go at some points this week. It was less of a "spoon feeding" style tutorial as seen in previous weeks and relied more on you knowing what you were doing in the first place.

One thing that confused me about this weeks tutorial was that my robot enemy character would not move even though I'd followed every step in the tutorial. Luckily I had the sense to check what was going on in the game object settings and noticed a speed variable was set to 0. After changing this to 3 everything was working and made for a working game concept again.

Another thing I struggled with was getting the damageable object to tile properly. As far as I know I followed all the correct steps from the tutorial, but when I stretched it in the editor with the Rectangle tool it did not look like how it was supposed to. This frustrated me and after looking back over the tutorial several times I just had to leave it and hope that it wasnt a crucial step for the rest of the tutorial to work appropriately.

I've learned a lot this week and am looking forward to next weeks tutorial already!


A screenshot of my progress in unity this week.


Comments

  1. Yooo Michael, I really like what you've got going on here with your 2D unity game. Feeling that you can make a game without thinking you're getting spoon-fed I'd say is a real confidence booster. Having something small impact your whole project and looking back for hours is so tedious I feel you there, I can't count how many times that's happened to me in the amazing game editor we know as unity. Best of luck man can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment