Unity Tutorial 02

 This weeks unity tutorial focused on some technical aspects of the unity editor such as 2D Box colliders, 2D Rigidbodies and Composite colliders. I was familiar with some of these features from last semester when I worked in the 3d environment so it wasn't too hard to get to grips with these slight variations of what I was used to.

I enjoyed working on these tutorials and the only real problem I ran into was where the tutorial says to check a box called "Used By Composite". It appears that this has now changed to Used by Effector in my version of Unity. I really wish that these tutorials were up to date with the version of Unity I am using as it would make completing them so much easier.

I feel like I'm learning a lot of new skills from these tutorials and I'm hoping that they will stand to me when I set about making my own 2d game later in the semester!


                        A screenshot of my game scene within the Unity editing environment!


Comments