Unity Tutorial 06

 This week I worked on adding animations, music and sound effects to the endless run and jump game. Apart from a few little coding mistakes early on in the tutorials, I didn't have much trouble in other areas of getting this all to work. Learning about how the animation system works in Unity was pretty interesting. I ran into an issue there because my version of Unity couldn't load the skeleton model to show what animations looked like before applying them to the player. Luckily this wasn't a major issue and everything worked fine once I moved past this step.

A screenshot of my Unity workspace when completing these tutorials.


The challenge was once again quite challenging to get working right! It seems I always tend to struggle with these and although I did get it working after searching online for some solutions it was very frustrating to have had some sections almost perfect and then the game still wouldn't work properly.

The quiz was okay and I got a fairly decent score in it in my opinion. There was a few questions i struggled with but guessed the answer and got them right.

There was quite a lot to do this week so I found the process quite time consuming but I think the animation skills I have learned will help me make a better game for this module!

Comments