Technology - The tools that help us learn

From Moodle to Blogger to Unity3D it already seems like I'm having to learn the ropes of these new digital platforms quite quickly, but so far so good!

I am already quite familiar with Moodle from my previous studies and from my first year in TU Dublin last year and I have used Blogger while at Maynooth University for a module on javascript  development

I feel like Moodle is limited in its capabilities for some things. While it can certainly be handy for students and lecturers for uploading useful information and turning in assignments, I think the layout and design is beyond dated at this point and the whole system could do with a refreshed look and feel with some additional functionality too.

Keeping the above in mind, it makes sense that we're using real world tools like Blogger for our blogs and Unity3D to test out and learn C# code. When I leave college I have ambitions to work in either video production or to make immersive websites and applications so I am glad we are being thought the necessary skills and using the right platforms to help me achieve my goals.

I am most looking forward to learning how to navigate the Unity workspace so that I can make the best game I can possibly make!

Unity Technologies - Wikipedia

Image Sources

  • The official logo of Unity, used to represent the company as well as the Unity Editor. Available at WikiMedia.

Comments