My thoughts on Assignments for this module

When I first started this module I was expecting it to be entirely focused on Unity 3D and developing the end of semester project. However I'm now learning that there is a whole lot more to it including, readings, blog posts, tech tasks, twitter engagement and leaving and receiving feedback for others.

I have also learned that there will be opportunities to gain extra credit by completing extra assignments. I think this could be a helpful way to make up for missing work or lost marks or even to gain a better understanding of the module. It could also be a great opportunity to practice a growth mindset approach and learn a few new things.

In all honesty the assignments I'm looking forward to most are the Unity3D ones. I have never used C# before but have heard plenty about its strengths and applications from friends of mine who have practiced the language. I have previously learned some Javascript and Java while studying digital media at Maynooth University, but I lost interest in applying those languages to practical applications due to the teaching methods used in that university at the time. I am hoping this will not be the case with the learning tasks in this module!

I am also looking forward to the end of semester project which will be to make a working game in Unity3D. I'm sure that this will definitely be challenging but it will broaden my coding skillset so I am eager to get started.

This module marks a change in learning style from most of the modules I did last year. It not only is a departure from online learning but also is my first time taking a module where everything required of me is outlined from the start. I like this approach because it means I will be able to work ahead if I feel its necessary and there will be no unexpected surprises along the way!

A man reading  Indoor

Image Sources

  1. "A man reading Indoor" by Oladimeji Ajegbile. Available at Pexels.

Comments